1.2 PERSONS OR ENTITIES ARE PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED FROM ACCESSING OR USING THIS SITE FOR COMMERCIAL OR OTHER BUSINESS PURPOSES, WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF MERIDIAN°. ALL USERS BY ACCESSING THIS SITE REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT THEY ARE NOT VIOLATING THE PRECEEDING PROHIBITION AND RESTRICTION. ANY USER VIOLATING THIS PROHIBITION AND RESTRICTION SHALL BE LIABLE TO MERIDIAN° AND MERIDIAN° SHALL BE ENTITLED TO EQUITABLE AND LEGAL RELIEF TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
1.4 MERIDIAN° RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPENDED OR REVOKED ACCESS AND USE OF THE MERIDIAN° SITES AND MERIDIAN° SERVICES, WITHOUT NOTICE OR EXPLANATION, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, INCLUDING IF A USER VIOLATES THESE TERMS OR IS NO LONGER USING MERIDIAN’S SERVICES.
1.5 YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE TO ACCESS OR USE ANY MERIDIAN° WEBSITE OR MERIDIAN° SERVICES, IN ANY MANNER, WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF MERIDIAN°. IF UNDER THE AGE OF 18 OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY, AS DEFINED BY YOUR JURISDICTION, THE USER MUST BE SUPERVISED BY A PARENT, LEGAL GUARDIAN, OR RESPONSIBLE ADULT TO USE ANY MERIDIAN° SITE OR SERVICE.
"Asset" means the yacht, vessel, private plane, estate, or real property with the available job vacancy.
"Candidate" ("You" and "Your") means any person registering with us or purchasing any of our services to assist with your job search.
“Competitor” means any User that provides similar employment-related services to Meridian° or receives compensation for providing candidates to an employer with a job vacancy.
“Concierge Service” means an administrative service an employer may purchase to have Meridian° identify qualified candidates that match the job requirements.
“Employer” means a person or entity that is accessing the Website to post a job or utilizing the services for any reason related to the purpose of seeking candidates for employment.
“Job Posting” means a notice for a legitimate job opportunity available on an asset.
“Job Seeker” means a User who is accessing the Website to search for a job or in any other capacity except as an Employer.
“Management Company” means a company that is hired to act as the “owner’s representative” to manage the various administrative and operations responsibilities necessary to run and maintain a yacht.These services may include technical management, insurance, flag regulation, and compliance, crew administration, crew placement, audits, safety management, accounting, etc.
“Meridian°” means Meridian Go, LLC, a Florida Limited Liability Company, and its subsidiaries and related entities. Meridian° may also be referred to herein as “we” or “us” or “our”. The Meridian° registered office is at 1323 SE 17th Street #174 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316.
“Meridian° Websites” are defined as any website under Meridian’s authority, whether partial or otherwise, (including but not limited to MeridianGo.com and the Website from which these Terms were accessed), and includes such Site’s Content, Materials, and Services.
“Meridian° Services” are defined as applications, software, and services provided by Meridian°, which includes, but is not limited to, an online platform to post and search for employment opportunities, an online video interview platform, candidate vetting services, web-based employee management software and mobile applications or other interfaces that permits You to access such applications.
“Meridian° Content” includes, but is not limited to, all intellectual property, information, logos, artwork, designs, software, icons, text, videos, audio, graphics, images, apps, etc. existing on any Meridian° Website.
“Post” is defined as any and all information on Meridian° Websites and/or Meridian° Services input by You and/or made public by You.
“Recruiter” means any person, company, organization, or firm which uses our services to assist your recruitment needs.
“User” means any individual or entity that accesses or uses any aspect of the Meridian° Website(s). User may also be referred to herein as “You”, as well as similar words like “your”.
“User Content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software, and files) that You submit to us or our Website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our Website. User Content may be collected by Meridian°, may be included Your personal information, may be made available to the public or shared by Meridian° with third parties.
“Verified Employer” means a User that Meridian° has identified as a legitimate employer representing an identified asset to fill open vacancies for that asset.
“Verify Me” report” means a report which seeks to verify a Candidate’s reported work history, listed references, and certifications, with the express limitation and disclaimer that Meridian° does not guaranty the accuracy of the report or the information contained therein, which information should be double-checked and verified independently by the purchaser or user of the report when they do their own due diligence.
2.0 Proprietary Rights, Copyright, and Trademark Notice
2.1 Meridian° exclusively owns all rights, title, and interest in and to the Website, including, but not limited to, the Meridian° Content (including, for example, audio, photographs, logos, illustrations, graphics, other visuals, video, copy, text, software, titles, etc.), code, data, and materials thereon, the look and feel, design, and organization of the Website, and the compilation of the content, code, data, and materials on the Website, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the Website does not grant to You ownership of any content, code, data, or materials you may access on or through the Website and your use of the Website is subject to the following additional conditions:
- All copyright, trademark, service mark and other “brand name” notices in the Meridian° Content must be maintained on any authorized copy You make of Meridian° Content;
- Meridian° Content may not be sold, altered, duplicated, exhibited, dispersed, or in any fashion in the public domain or for commercial purposes and unapproved utilization of the Meridian° Content is strictly prohibited;
- Meridian’s copyright also protects all code that Meridian° develops to produce or display any Meridian° Content included on Meridian° Websites and the copying, adapting, or using of the code is strictly prohibited;
2.2 Meridian° Logos and other registered and unregistered trademarks are trademarks or marks belonging to Meridian°; we give no permission for the use of these trademarks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
2.3 The third-party registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks on our Website are the property of their respective owners and, unless stated otherwise in these Terms, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any license to exercise such rights.
3.0 Limited License to Use Meridian° Websites and Services
3.1 Subject to the other provisions of Meridian’s Terms, You may access and view Meridian° Websites and Meridian° Content as a registered User for your personal purposes, make single copies or prints of the content on the Website for your personal internal use only, view pages from on the Website in a web browser; stream audio and video files from our Website; and use our Website services using a web browser.
3.2 Except as expressly permitted by Section 3.1 or the other provisions of these Terms, You are strictly prohibited from: downloading any material from our Website or save any such material in any manner; using Meridian° Content or the Website for commercial or other business purposes that are in competition with Meridian°, editing or otherwise modifying any material or Meridian° Content on our Website, republishing material from our Website (including republication on another website); selling, renting or exploiting material from our Website for a commercial purpose.
3.3 We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our Website, or indeed our whole Website, at our discretion; You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our Website.
4.0 Prohibited Use of Meridian° Websites and Services
4.1 You warrant and agree that you shall abide by the following terms and shall not engage in any of the following prohibited uses of the Meridian° Website and Services:
- Unless otherwise specifically indicated in these Terms or on the Website, any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing, or exploitation of the Website, or any content, code, data, or materials on the Website, is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior written permission from our authorized personnel and under no circumstances shall Meridian° Content on our Website be used in any manner for commercial or other business purposes that are in competition with Meridian°;
- use our Website for any activity which could be linked to any spyware, virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction, and data harvesting) on or in relation to our Website, accessing or otherwise interacting with our Website by using any robot, spider or other automated means;
- integrate any Meridian° Content into another website, program, or application; imitate any Meridian° Content, including but not limited, to any aspect of the email header or TCP/IP packet header, or use data collected from our Website for any direct marketing;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity, or access any profile, account or server on any Meridian° Website or Service in which You are not an Authorized User, or remove or modify any information posted by another User;
- to infiltrate or endeavor to disregard the security of any Meridian° Website or Service including, but not limited to, analyzing and identifying any weaknesses that may exist in our system or network or to penetrate security or validation measures without appropriate express written approval;
- study, examine, or replicate any Meridian° Content or Meridian° Service to develop Your own product, content or service nor decompile any parts of the Meridian° Websites;
- collect, reproduce, or create a replicate, in any way, any Meridian° Content or Meridian° Service, to include any current or expired data existing on any Meridian° Site or link to or frame any data available on any Meridian° Website or Meridian° Service, unless expressly permitted under these Terms;
- publish any content on any Meridian° Website or Service that is misleading, false, deceptive, or encourages activities which violate these Terms or promotes illegal or fraudulent activities;
- register or create a profile on any Meridian° Website or Service for any other individual other than Yourself. All information and personal data included in a profile on any Meridian° Website or Service must be accurate, current, and related only to You, the account holder. Only You may access and use Your account to seek employment, hire employees and utilize all features available in Your Account;
- promote or market any services or products to any Users via unsolicited communications (emails, text messages, phone calls, faxes, etc.) or contact any User that has indicated they do not want You to contact them;
- breach any Meridian° system or network security which may result in civil or criminal charges being filed. If Meridian’s investigations appear to involve security violations, we will notify and fully cooperate with law enforcement and prosecuting all parties involved.
- utilize the Meridian° Services for any unlawful reason or any criminal behavior, or post or present any material, CV/resume, or employment posting that is slanderous, hostile, fraudulent, abusive, sexually explicit or indecent, disgusting, foul, compromising, harsh, contemptuous, bigot, unfair, of a threatening character or liable to cause a disturbance, burden, humiliation, tension or could make provocation any individual or incorporate any connection to obscene, profane or explicitly unequivocal material of any sort;
- use our Website in any manner or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website, or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the Website; or that may incur an excessively large load on any Meridian° infrastructure, or endeavor to restrict the service to any User, host or network, including but not limitation, via infecting any Meridian° Site with a virus, over-burdening, “spamming”, “crashing”, “flooding: or “mailbombing;
- use the Website in any manner that may negatively impact Meridian’s Websites, Services, or reputation.
4.2 You must ensure that all the information You supply to us through our Website, or in relation to our Website, is true, accurate, current, complete, and non-misleading.
4.3 The CV/Resume Database, Job Seeker Profile Information and related employment files, Job Postings, the Crew Manager and any other information found on Meridian° Websites or Services may only be used by Job Seekers and “Verified Employers, (Individuals or Businesses) seeking employees and/or by persons looking for employment or job information.
4.4 You are accountable for preserving the privacy and security of Your account and login details. Your username and password must remain confidential. Neither Your login details nor Your account information may be shared with any other party, whether briefly or long-term. Additionally, You are accountable for all access to and use of any of Your Meridian° accounts, subscriptions, and/or profiles, whether approved by You or not and are responsible for any activity on our Website arising out of any failure to keep Your password confidential. You may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure. You must notify Meridian° immediately of any security breach or unapproved use of Your accounts, subscriptions, profiles, or passwords.
4.5 If Your username and /or password is shared in violation of the above-mentioned agreement, we have the right to consider such disclosure as a violation of these Terms and to suspend Your access without further notice or refund. Access to Your account will not be provided until sufficient security measures have been instituted to avert any further breaches.
5.0 Terms Specific to Job Seekers
5.1 This Section 5 applies to You if You are a Job Seeker.
5.2 To be eligible for an individual account under this Section 5, You must be at least 16 years of age to access or use any Meridian° Website or Meridian° Services, in any manner, without the express written consent of Meridian°. If under the age of 18 or the age of majority, as defined by your jurisdiction, the User must be supervised by a parent, legal guardian, or responsible adult to use any Meridian° Website or Service.
5.3 You may register for an account with Meridian° by completing and submitting the account registration form on our Website and clicking on the verification link in the email that the Website will send to You. All fields must be completed in Your Job Seeker profile before You are eligible to apply to any job postings and/or for your profile to be visible to registered employers/recruiters. Your profile status will automatically change to “Unavailable” after 30 days of inactivity and will no longer be visible to employers searching for candidates.
5.4 You acknowledge and agree that the information and content you provide in your profile and/or CV/Resume is accurate, correct, and truthful. You are responsible for keeping this information current. The contact information you have given in your profile will allow Verified Employers to contact you directly at any time regarding employment opportunities.
5.5 Job Seekers who register with our Website will have access to additional Website areas and features, which we will determine at our sole discretion. These may include:
- an online platform to create a Job Seeker profile, create and/or upload a CV/Resume and other employment-related files into our database, and create a personal video introduction to enable registered employers/recruiters to search for available profiles to assess whether the Job Seeker may be suitable for a role, and to contact the Job Seeker where appropriate;
- an online platform to enable the Job Seeker to browse our database of job listings and apply to postings;
- an online platform to enable the Job Seeker to receive email alerts, newsletters, notice of competitions, and/or other email notifications from us;
- an online platform to limit the disclosure of confidential information to employers /recruiters; and/or
- any other services specified on our Website from time to time.
- the Crew Manager, an online platform that allows employers to manage their crew
5.6 You acknowledge that we merely provide an online platform to enable Job Seekers and individual employers, yacht management companies, and/or recruiters to connect and provide introductions (and not an employment business) for the purposes of the Maritime Labour Convention, MLC 2006 and that we are not responsible for the activities, representations, or actions of employers or recruiters who advertise on our Website. We will have no right to negotiate or enter into any contract on your behalf; nor will we be authorized to receive money on your behalf. You agree that You will not hold us liable, or seek to hold us liable, in relation to any loss, damage, or expense that You suffer arising out of the actions or omissions of an individual employer, management company, and/or recruiter. You acknowledge that Meridian° may terminate your accounts and future access to the use of any Meridian° Service, at our sole discretion and without notice and that Meridian° shall not be liable to You or any third-party for any termination of Your accounts.
5.7 You must ensure that all the information You provide to us and to any registered employer and recruiter via or in relation to our Website is true, accurate, current, complete, and not misleading, and You must keep such information up to date.
5.8 You acknowledge and agree that any personal or employment-related information, materials, documents, files, videos, graphics, text You submit, upload, publish or supply to us shall constitute "Your content" for the purposes of Section 5 and Section 9.
5.9 We do not warrant or guaranty that Job Seekers will receive any job offers in relation to job advertisements; nor do we warrant that any job opportunities will be advertised on our platform that are suitable for the Job Seeker's qualifications or interests.
6.0 Terms Specific to Employers
6.2 You agree and acknowledge that Meridian° is not responsible for the correctness of any information available on any Meridian° Website or Service or in any Job Seeker Verification Reports. Therefore, You unequivocally and irrevocably release Meridian° from any responsibility or liability with respect to any damages or harm You may experience whatsoever, whether caused by errors or misstatements in any such information or otherwise.
6.3 We assume no liability in any form for any candidate that You may hire (whether for consideration or not) from any Meridian° Website or Service. We provide no guarantee or portrayal concerning the appropriateness, capabilities, right to work (including required visas or other certifications), or integrity of any candidates. You assume all risk related to candidate information found on any of our Websites or Services and You must exercise due diligence, reasonable care, and draw Your own conclusion as to the appropriateness of a candidate for employment by You.
6.4 You acknowledge by registering as an Employer on our Website that we merely provide a Website to enable Job Seekers and Employers to get in touch, providing introductions (and not an employment business) for the purposes of the Maritime Labour Convention, MLC 2006, and that we do not vet or monitor the registered Job Seekers who use our Website. You agree that You will not hold us liable, or seek to hold us liable, in relation to any loss, damage, or expense that You suffer arising out of the actions or omissions of a Job Seeker (subject to Sections 11, 12, 13 and 14).
6.5 The Employer posting the job is responsible for the content of their ad. At no time should Meridian° be construed as an employer due to Your use of any Meridian° Website or Service, including but not limited to the use of “Concierge Services”. All employment decisions shall be the responsibility of the Employer account holder or by any entity advertising employment opportunities on any Meridian° Website. It is specifically acknowledged and understood that Meridian° is not responsible for any employment decision related to jobs posted on any Meridian° site, by an employer, or through the use of any Meridian° Service, including but not limited to the Employer Concierge Service.
6.6 If You cancel Your employer account or it is terminated by Meridian°, You accept and agree that all of Your account information may be deleted from Meridian° servers, making all profile information, saved candidate information, and any correspondence permanently removed and without the ability to retrieve it.
6.7 Employers shall only contact Candidates for recruitment-related purposes and contact for any other purpose is strictly prohibited.
6.8 The profiles and networking offered to Employers through Meridian° must be used in accordance with applicable data and privacy protection laws. Whole or partial scraping or bulk downloading of our Candidates is prohibited and will result in termination immediately with no refund.
6.9 For the avoidance of doubt, any advertisements You upload or supply to us shall constitute "your content" for the purposes of Section 9.
6.10 Job Posting Requirements:
- Only one job offer may not be included in an individual job posting and any job postings must only include information pertaining to that single job offer, which may be for either an individual or team;
- Use of Logos, Trademarks or individual or company names may not be included in a job posting and are strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized by Meridian°;
- Hyperlinks, web addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, or any other contact information or employer identification information are strictly prohibited;
- All job postings must be for a legitimate employment opportunity and the description must accurately represent the actual position and not contain any information that is false, fictitious, or deceptive.
- Any information or links to information that exploits individuals in a sexual, violent, or other manner, or requests private information from any individual under 18 years of age is strictly forbidden.
6.11 Job postings may not:
- promote, advertise or sell products or services, contain information about any type of seminar, conference, event or meeting, relate to modeling, talent, or entertainment employment opportunities, require any type of pre-payment by the Candidate or contain conditions that are not a legal requirement or a legitimate necessity to fulfill the demands of the position or include any offers or requests for sexual services.
- include information related to multi-level marketing opportunities, club memberships, franchises, or any similar scheme.
- include conditions of employment based on citizenship or lawful residency unless compliance is required by relevant laws or regulations.
- include promotions of or hyperlinks to competitors of any Meridian° Website or Service.
- require any information from the candidate that is prohibited from being asked by Employers under the Employment Laws of the United States and the jurisdiction where the Candidate is to work, including, but not limited to, age, color, sex (including pregnancy) race, national origin, or religion.
6.12 Your access and use of any Meridian° Website or Service, may be terminated by Meridian° if You falsely mislead Meridian° as to your business activity or make any misrepresentations.
6.13 Employer Use of the CV/Resume Database
- You agree to use all Meridian° CV/Resume Databases in accordance with all with privacy and data protection laws that apply and any other agreement(s) you may have with Meridian°, to not use Meridian’s CV/Resume databases in any way that may negatively or adversely impact our business or the operation or performance of any Meridian° database.
- As an individual employer, not a recruiter, you agree to keep all information obtained from any Meridian° CV/Resume database confidential and to not share with any third party.
- You agree to take any and all necessary steps to safeguard the information and materials that you have acquired from Meridian’s CV/Resume databases from, damage, abuse, unapproved access, divulgence, or disclosure to third parties, alteration, or destruction. You will not share Resume Database seat-based license login credentials with some other party, nor share Resume Database pay-per-view license login credentials with any party. or interfere, directly or indirectly with other Users using Meridian° CV/Resume databases.
- You agree not to act in any manner that Meridien views in its sole discretion, is in violation of Meridien’s Terms, deceptive or inaccurate, or in violation of any Federal, State, Local law, statute, code, rule, or regulation.
6.14 We do not warrant or guaranty that Employers will receive any applications in relation to job advertisements; nor do we warrant that our database will hold information regarding Job Seekers that are suitably qualified for the positions that employers require to be filled.
6.15 You acknowledge that details of our charges and payment details are set out in these Terms and on our Website. No refunds or rebates are payable. We will have no authority to enter contracts with Job Seekers or otherwise act on your behalf.
7.0 Terms Specific to Recruiters and Yacht Management Companies
7.1 This Section 7 applies to You if You are a recruiter or yacht management company.
7.2 To be eligible for a business account on our Website under this Section 7, You must be operating a recruiting or yacht management business that is registered and authorized to do business in the country or jurisdiction where your business is located.
7.3 You may register for an account by completing and submitting the account registration form on our Website and following the instructions.
7.4 You must pay the fees specified on our Website for Your account type, for any upgrades, or any premium services that You purchase.
7.5 Paid-for services will remain available for the relevant period specified on our Website at the time of purchase unless the applicable account renewal fees are paid.
7.6 Recruiters who register with our Website will have access to additional Website areas and features, which may include the ability to post advertisements, access to our database of Job Seekers, and/or any other services specified on our Website from time to time.
7.7 Any advertisements You upload or supply to us shall constitute "Your content" for the purposes of Section 9.
7.8 You acknowledge that we merely provide a Website to enable Job Seekers and recruiters to get in touch and that we do not vet or monitor the registered Job Seekers who use our Website, and You agree that You will not hold us liable, or seek to hold us liable, in relation to any loss, damage or expense that You suffer arising out of the actions or omissions of a Job Seeker (subject to Sections 11, 12, 13 and 14).
7.9 You acknowledge that we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any “Verify Me” report or other verification reports, whether available for free or for a fee, which provides general authentication of a job seeker’s work history, references, and/or qualifications. We will provide the most accurate and complete information available to us at the time of the verification report is completed which information should be double-checked and verified independently by You when doing your own due diligence.
7.10 Recruiters must ensure that all job advertisements that they submit to the Website for publication are true, accurate, current, complete, and non-misleading advertisements for bona fide jobs.
7.11 Recruiters must treat the information in our database of Job Seekers as confidential and must: only use the database and information to seek candidates; not copy any information from the database or record or retain any information from the database; and not disclose to any third party any information from the database, except as strictly necessary for the purpose of finding candidates to fill specific bona fide jobs.
7.12 We do not warrant or guaranty that Recruiters will receive any applications in relation to job advertisements; nor do we warrant that our database will hold information regarding Job Seekers that are suitably qualified for the positions that recruiters require to be filled.
8.1 Current Employer, Recruiter, and Job Seeker Packages, with a full description of features included in each package, are published on our Website. Any add-on services will also be available, with current pricing, on our Website.
8.2 All amounts stated in these Terms or on our Website are stated exclusive of sales tax unless otherwise stated.
8.3 You must pay to us the fees in respect of our Website services in advance, in cleared funds, in accordance with any instructions on our Website.
8.4 We may vary fees from time to time by posting new fees on our Website, but this will not affect fees for services that have been previously paid.
8.5 If You dispute any payment made to us, You must contact us immediately (within thirty days) and provide full details of Your claim.
8.6 If You make an unjustified credit card, debit card, or other charge-back, regardless of the reason, then You will be liable to pay us, within 7 days following the date of our written request:
- an amount equal to the amount of the charge-back;
- all third-party expenses incurred by us in relation to the charge-back (including charges made by our or Your bank or payment processor or card issuer);
- an administration fee of $25.00; and
- all our reasonable costs, losses, and expenses incurred in recovering the amounts referred to in this Section 8.6 (including without limitation legal fees and debt collection fees),
8.7 If You owe us any amount under or relating to these Terms, we may suspend or withdraw the provision of services to You.
8.8 We may at any time set off any amount that You owe to us against any amount that we owe to You, by sending You written notice of the set-off.
9.0. User Content: License and Requirements
9.2 You acknowledge and take responsibility for the User Content you provide to Meridian°. Including but not limited to the following data, photographs, video, messages, text, sound, music, or materials posted or displayed by you through Meridian° Website. You are solely responsible for all the content you provide, and You may edit Your content, to the extent permitted, using the editing functionality made available on our Website. Meridian° claims no command or ownership of this User Content. As the third-party licensor, you retain all patent, as appropriate, copyright and trademark User Content you give on or through Meridian°. You are responsible for safeguarding those rights, as appropriate.
9.3 When you submit User Content of any form through any Meridian° Website or Service, You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute Your content on and in relation to this Website and any successor Website and in any existing or future media. By Your submission of this content, which is accessible to the public, you give Meridian° a worldwide royalty-free license to adapt, reproduce and publish your content for promoting Meridian° Services and Website, the right to sub-license the rights licensed and the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights licensed. In our own discretion, Meridian° reserves the right to decline to transmit, post, accept or display any such content.
9.4 You hereby waive all Your right as an author to prevent revision, alteration, or distortion of your work (“moral rights”), regardless of who owns the work moral rights in Your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law; and You warrant and represent that all other moral rights in Your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
9.6 Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms, if You breach any provision of these Terms in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that You have breached these Terms in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of Your content.
9.7 Meridian° does not warrant or guaranty that the information provided by the Content User is accurate, honest, or reliable, this includes, but is not limited to, communications posted by Users. We do not countersign expressed opinions of Users in our system. Any material that is posted by others you are reliant on will be at your own risk and that you acknowledge this.
9.8 Your content must be appropriate, civil, and tasteful, and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behavior on the internet.
9.9 Meridian° does not guarantee the information provided by the Content User is accurate, honest, or reliable this includes, but is not limited to, communications posted by Users. We do not endorse any user-submitted material, content, or opinions nor assume any liability for any actions of participating Users. Users are fully responsible for the content they post on our Website. Your reliance on any User-posted content is at your own risk, by use of our Website you accept and acknowledge this.
9.10 It is prohibited to include in any User Content networking information that may be explained as a direct provocation, recruitment, advertisement for available job position directed to individuals seeking jobs or any form of employment either part or full-time. We reserve the right to restrict the number of e-mails or messages which a User may send to other Users to which we deem appropriate to protect the Meridian° Website. Profiles that are obtained from User Content may be made available through Meridian°. We do not make any portrayals regarding the correctness or soundness of such derived works or their appropriateness for evaluation by employers. Obtained profiles may differ significantly from User Content.
9.11 Meridian° welcomes your comments or concerns regarding the Website, and we welcome and appreciate hearing from you. Please understand our policy does not permit us to accept or consider suggestions, creative ideas, inventions, or materials other than what we may have requested (“unsolicited material”). Meridian° values your feedback, please be specific in any comments regarding the services we provide and do not send unsolicited materials. If you do send us unsolicited material or other information, it shall be the property of Meridian°. The unsolicited material sent to us will not be subject to any confidentiality on our part and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of that submission. All known or later discovered rights with respect to the unsolicited material will be owned by Meridian° and shall be qualified to unrestricted use of the unsolicited material for any purposes deemed appropriate, commercial, or otherwise without payment to you or any other person.
10.0 Report Abuse
If You learn of any unlawful, improper, inappropriate material or activity on our Website or any material or activity that breaches these Terms, please advise us.
11.0 Disclaimer of Warranties
OUR WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" FOR YOUR USE. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. MERIDIAN° DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT: THE COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, RELEVANCE, OR ACCURACY OF THE MERIDIAN° CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, COPY, HYPERLINKS, AND GRAPHICS; THAT THE MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE IS UP TO DATE; OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES ON THE WEBSITE WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE. MERIDIAN° AND ANY SPONSORS AND ADVERTISERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES ON OR FROM THE WEBSITE (INCLUDING ANY SOFTWARE) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, ACCURATE, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE.
12.0 Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
12.1 UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MERIDIAN°, ITS MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SPONSORS, AND ADVERTISERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE CONTENT MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT MERIDIAN° WEBSITE IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, OR LOSS OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS OR DATA ARISING FROM (I) YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, OR (II) CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. THEREFORE, THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND /OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN ITS ENTIRETY BUT SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED.
12.2 The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 12 and elsewhere in these Terms govern all liabilities arising under these Terms or relating to the subject matter of these Terms, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence), and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these Terms.
12.3 You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers, managers, and employees and, having regard to that interest, You acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; You agree that You will not bring any claim personally against our officers, managers or employees in respect of any losses You suffer in connection with our Website, Services or these Terms (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our managers, officers, and employees) subject to limitations and disclaimers contained in Sections 11, 12,13 and 14.
12.4 TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, MERIDIAN'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR WEBSITE OR YOUR USE OF THE MERIDIAN° CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $200 OR THE AMOUNT PAID TO US UNDER THE AGREEMENT AND THESE TERMS FOR THE SERVICE.
14.0 General Release
You hereby release and hold harmless Meridian°, its affiliated entities, managers, employees, officers, licensees and assigns and each of their respective designees ("Meridian° Entities") with respect to any claims, damages, costs, losses, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, due to or arising out of content You submit, post, transmit or make available through Our Website.
15.0 Third-Party Websites
15.1 Our Website includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties; such hyperlinks are not recommendations.
15.2 We have no control over third-party websites and their contents, or if they are GDPR compliant, and subject to Sections 11, 12 13, and 14, we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from Your use of them. Should You choose to visit linked third-party Websites, You do so at Your own risk.
16.1 You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
16.2 You may not without our prior express written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of Your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
17.1 If a provision or section of these Terms is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
17.2 If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision or section of these Terms would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in full force and effect.
18.0 Third Party Rights
18.1 An agreement under these Terms is for our benefit and Your benefit and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
18.2 The exercise of Your or our rights under an agreement under these Terms is not subject to the consent of any third party.
19.0 Entire Agreement
These Terms, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between You and us in relation to Your use of our Website and shall supersede all previous agreements between You and us in relation to Your use of our Website.
20.0 Law and Jurisdiction
20.1 THESE TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF FLORIDA.
20.2 YOU CONSENT TO AND AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTES, ISSUES, CLAIMS, AND MATTERS RELATING TO THESE TERMS, YOUR DEALINGS AND TRANSACTIONS WITH MERIDIAN°, OR YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE VENUE AND JURISDICTION OF THE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS IN BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA, USA.